Do you want free backlinks? Does the Pope shit in the woods?
Boogybonbon has found a way to exploit the preview comment form to create backlinks from Movable type blogs.
From the post, MovableType preview button good for back links:
Needles to say it only took me about 15 minutes to find 6 blogs with PR 5-8 and process the forms over to GET then post the URLâ€™s into a couple ping sites.
Here’s how it works:
The preview comment button on movable type blogs uses the POST method but search engines require the GET method to index a URL. So, what you need to do is:
1. Download the firefox extension webmaster tools to convert the POST forms to GET forms.
2. Find Movable type blogs.
3. Open The “preview Comment” in a new window.
4. Convert the POST Form to a GET Form like this:
5. Fill out comment however you like.
6. Press preview comment.
7. Instead of producing a url like this:
it will produce a URL like this (images used for formating purposes):
The links on the produced pages are NOT nofollow.
8. Now, you may want to use a service like tinyurl or a redirect to hide what you are doing (not required)
9. Ping that URL to the Search Engines in splog posts, guestbooks, or however you think best.
Pretty freaking cool, huh?
quadszilla (at) seoblackhat.com