This Gmail Feature Would Be Amazing

I know you Google Employees read this blog.

So listen up: take that free time or whatever it is that lets you start up side projects and implement this feature in gmail:

asdfadseccc

It will be so incredibly useful that I’m shocked no one has done it before. Shit, if Hotmail implemented this feature and fixed it so the browser back button worked, I’d fucking start using hotmail: it would be that helpful.

20 Responses to “This Gmail Feature Would Be Amazing”

1. Nils Hitze says:

Mh … maybe someone can write a Gadget for this, or a Chrome Extension.

A group of our GTUG Members made TickleTab (https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/ihgobbiifoikoajcbniomconhpllibmk) – with this you can close Tabs and set them to Resubmission … it’s not the same, but still very usefull

well i’d pay $20 for it. So there’s customer 1.

3. Etacts does that, looks almost exactly as in your sketch!

4. Absolutely the best idea I have seen in a long time. It sure would stop that “Did I miss the reply to that email?” syndrome. Hope someone picks up on it!

5. whatisthisbird says:

Word! Now I’m just letting ‘em e-mails in my inbox so I won’t forget to follow up again in case I don’t hear back.

6. Jon @ seo says:

Application, plug in or gadget, someone better get on it because that will be very popular and someone can make a lot of money!

7. spiff says:

T5his could be abused by spammers so easily.

8. George says:

No way… that’s a good idea only for SPAM accounts.

9. Ørjan R says:

This is a great idea! Do it!

10. Kristen says:

I would actually prefer the reverse… a way for incoming messages to be automatically remarked as unread if you haven’t replied within a week.

Seriously, I forget to e-mail people back all the time. I could use a timely reminder.

11. Corey says:

I would definitely use this feature! I took a look at followUp.com, pretty slick but I think I would like the feature in the actual mail client vs having to remember to cc or bcc the service.

12. Blacksheep says:

Looks like a classic spam machine to me, but a great tool if used for honest business, wink;

13. AndreaSA says:

I would love to have that feature ^__^ !!!!!!

On a side note…..not even with the back button fixed, I would use hotmail.! It needs mayor fixes!

All you guys who say it’s a spam machine must miss the point:

It reminds YOU the sender of the original email if no one has replied in time X. How is that a spam machine?

15. spiff says:

@QuadZilla: Do you see the tick box?

I could live without the tick box if spamming is the concern preventing it from being implemented. Any auto-tickler based on lack of reply would prevent a ton of dropped threads.

17. Pavel says:

There is the Etacts extension, doing something very similar to what you mentioned. The placement is suspiciously close to what you mocked up…

18. Morten Just says:

@pavel, you’re right, very close. My idea was originally for Entourage but I figured it would have a broader appeal in GMail. I added your link to my blog post.